"In terms of branded financial apps that respondents use, Paypal clearly leads (37 percent), followed by Mint (11 percent), Turbotax (9 percent), Square (8 percent) and Google Wallet (7 percent).
Meanwhile, the report discovered that consumers are utilizing smartphones to make a number of different kinds of payments including:
• phone bills (42 percent), and other charges due (46 percent);
• real-world goods/services, such as meals or drinks via a pre-paid card on the phone (34 percent);
• tickets for a movie/concert/travel/etc. (37 percent);
• media such as movies, music or smartphone apps (45 percent); and
• paying back friends or family (19 percent)."